|See the resemblance?|
There is a little toggle at the back which snugs it up to feel just right. I find it stays put and doesn't ride up on the forehead.
Materials and notions required for "Walk like an Egyptian" Scrub hat
- One piece of fabric large enough to cut a circle that is about 6 inches round
- Four strips of fabric that are between 2 1/2 to 4 inches wide and 24 inches long. Once they are sewn together they should be a total of about 11 inches wide.
- One 8 inch piece of cording
- One plastic toggle for cording
- a bowl or plate that is approximately 6 inches round
- a marking tool to draw the circle onto the fabric (I use a water erasable marking pen)
- cutting mat and rotary cutter or scissors
- serger (optional but makes nice finished edges quickly and easily)
- sewing machine
- straight needle for hand basting
- 1. Draw a circle onto the fabric.
|I use a corelle bowl for my template which is about 6 1/4 inches round|
3. Choose the layout for your strips then sew together.
|Flip it around and it should look something like this.|
|Once you have done this pull the cording so it is lying flat and then zigzag stitch the end down.|
14. Fold the bottom edge up another 3/4" and press.
15. Straight stitch close to the edge all the way around the edge of the hat.